Friday, October 30, 2015

Praises

Oh my stars!!!

 


I believe this has been a better week in our little homeschool.  More scheduled -- in terms of schoolwork, anyway. 

I believe I am also coming to the realization that I need to be more intentional and present with the girls while they are doing their work.  As independent as they are, they still do better when I'm in the physical space with them. Plus, the history is read aloud, and we picked our curriculum based on that fact- that we would be doing the bulk of school together.

So... Baby steps of progress are still steps... moving forward (mostly).

Also, it's halloween!!! We (the children) love halloween, and the candy (not really for me- there should be a sarcasm font).  So, today (after the school week is completed) we will be carving pumpkins, and making wolf ears (for Katie) and putting together a costume for Tommy (he just wants candy, but I told him I won't be giving candy to teens unless they are dressed up). We do happy Halloween, only, ahem, cough, but happy is loosely applied here. Katie was a happy zombie last year. I will also be putting invitations to church on all the candy bags:):) happy!

I am focusing on blessings this week, too.  I have SO much to be thankful for. I'm a very blessed lady.  I am, however, a very human lady, so focusing on the blessings is important.  Looking up, while I'm feeling down, is the most helpful, sobering posture I can take to change my earthly perspective to an eternal perspective.

God sees us. He knows. He loves us in spite of being human:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...