Tuesday, May 28, 2013

long weekend...

It was a happy long weekend!

We got to celebrate with our friends on Saturday.  They had a party to celebrate 15 years of marriage.  There was a lovely ceremony of commitment, centered on Christ, and they thanked everyone for their prayers and support.  This couple continues to be a godly inspiration to me; they are friends and mentors.  I love how they have brought several families together and we all support and pray for one another; these friends have become so very important to me and my husband as we also work hard to make our marriage a reflection of Christ's love for His church. Did you know that is how it is supposed to be?  I didn't until a year and a half ago.  Mark and I are kind of on a new mission, now, with our relationship.  Marriage is so important.  Marriage is so much more than an ideal happy ending to a romantic relationship.  It's a commitment, a promise, a covenant.  I pray for all of us married people- it isn't easy- but it can be wonderful.  It starts with prayer.



My brother and his family came to visit, as well.  We didn't do anything big- we just hung out- and it was wonderful.  It is always great to see the kids playing outside!  The cousins all get along so well, too, so they made fairy houses, rode bikes, scooters, and skateboards, jumped on the trampoline, played in the sand box, jumped on the trampoline, slept on the trampoline (the kids with aunt Kelly and Mark), and jumped some more.  We love that trampoline...



We celebrated Memorial Day with brunch, and then a trip to the Marine Corps Museum.  We reflected on the heroic actions of everyday men and women that serve our country, past, present, and future.  Having grown up a "military brat", I am especially thankful for those who have served, and I try to teach my children how very important our military is.  My husband, my dad, my grand-pa, several uncles, and countless number of friends I know have served, and I am proud to say that I'm so proud of them!!!!


We are trying to finish up the homeschool year this week and next.  We are at that point of the year when everything is half-hearted.  We are all ready for a summer routine.  I am so tired all the time (wah- I know-)  Anyway, we are trying to finish strong, but I am relaxing the expectation of doing the curriculum the way the curriculum says to do it... And I'm thinking I'm ok with it...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...