Thursday, May 23, 2013

catching up on a post... story of my life, lately... always behind schedule!



Prayers for everyone affected by the severe weather in the Midwest!  It is so hard to see so much destruction in one place.  I can't even fathom, in the space of an hour, losing all of my possessions... The best things in life, though, aren't things... as the famous quote says (I don't know who said it, but that person is very, very wise).  I hope that they can experience the love of Christ through all the relief and search and rescue recoveries.  Despite the devastation, people are reaching out to one another and scores of people everywhere are praying.  Including me...



Search and Rescue dogs are awesome!!

Mark did not deploy on this mission, but would have with Tomo if Fairfax got requested.  We are all excited for Mark to get his search and rescue dog, probably some time in November.  Right now, though, he and Tomo are a deployable team!

bonding has occurred

The girls and I and my mom went to NYC to see Cinderella on Broadway (and do a little shopping) and it was AMAZING!!!  We were celebrating Mother's Day a little early.  The girls got to meet Cinderella!!!





Lots of changes are happening at our house... we are painting!!  Remember how I said I would never, ever, ever (get back together...) paint a ceiling again?  Last night, yep, last night, I was totally priming ceilings in the hallway.  It was just as bad as I remembered it... but at least that is done.  I wanted to be done with all of this so quickly, but instead, I am learning some patience and humility in letting my perfectionist husband lead the way.  It is going to look very, very good.  And... with God's grace, our marriage will be even stronger because both of us are reviewing all those communication lessons from psych 101.  It's all good.



The kids are so ready for summer.  I am too, actually.  we are trying to race through curriculum and take tests... and I know I am in charge, but I'm OCD just enough to let it bother me that we aren't finishing the curriculum in time, on time, etc.  I think part of it is that I love ancient history, but not so much the more recent history, even though it's interesting.  Plus, I'm coming to terms that auditory skills are not Katie's strength, and Danielle is just ready to be independent.  It's kind of hard to come to terms with all that!  Tommy is truckin' along.  It'll be nice to not have to fight about the 6 am wakeup call... he is so my son... I hate mornings too!


the kids and Mark chillin' with Tomo

Danielle and I at high tea at Mount Ararat

Tommy sleeps burrito-style

friends and family headed to church last Sunday


Meanwhile... the work is steady!! I'm trying to remain mindful of all the blessings around me; which isn't so much hard (I am so, so blessed), I just need to remember to think about it and be thankful for it EVERYDAY.  There is always a silver lining.  Always, God is at work. He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...