Sunday, September 2, 2012

It's September

Happy September!:)



Because we just love (sarcasm noted here in case you can't hear it through your computer screen) changes around here, the big decision to not home-school has prompted a crazy week of back to school nights, last minute shopping, and trying to practice getting to bed at an earlier hour (which never works, by the way).

up allllll night- 


Even though it's a little (yes, sarcasm again) hectic, I marvel at God's timing.  It was last minute, so I didn't agonize over any decisions for very long.  It happened quickly, so the children didn't have to agonize over anything that long.  It happened because of an opportunity which opened up the chance to see how far my marriage relationship has matured because my husband and I had to communicate... calmly... (which did work, by the way).

I just think it's amazing that He always comes through for those of us that love and seek Him...Even if there are bumps and surprises, even if some of those bumps and surprises are tragic; on the other side of things, we can take comfort in He who provides everything (including situations) for our good.  And this is where I get to quote my favorite Bible verse: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and to not harm you..." --Jeremiah 29: 10-12 (I know I quote this a lot... but it is so important, and so good, and so hopeful!!!)

I pray for us, for those of us coping with loss (so many losses this week in my direct circle of friends, two families are suffering the terrible loss of a child, many pets are sick, or have passed on, I have many friends dealing with loss of expectations for jobs and children, a new diagnosis, the loss of those nice years prior to teenager angst and defiance, children in college, aging parents coming home to live... I pray for us all)...


I pray for new beginnings, for those traveling, and, of course, for our marriages and families:)

2 comments:

  1. I join you in those prayers....

    I too marvel at God's timing and His perfect will, which never ceases to amaze me. A new season is upon us, and I am jumping in with both feet, knowing I am in the care of my loving Father! :)

    Blessings to you and your family Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love knowing that you pray for me, as I hope you know that I pray for you too:) You are amazing!

      Delete

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...