Saturday, February 4, 2012

fourty-one

“A man’s wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.” Proverbs 19:11 (NIV)

Ephesians 4:26-27, “In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.” (NIV 1984)

Powerful reminders are always good to hear (or to read)...

So, the good news is that God delights in us and offers us these words of wisdom.

The not-so-easy-to-hear news is that we are HUMAN... I am human, and lately I've been struggling with anger and grudges.  I'm neither an angry person, nor a grudge-holder.  I am, though, human.  It's not always easy to do or say the right thing.  It is, though, good to do the right thing or say the right thing (or say nothing at all).  So, I will keep trying and keep praying, and keep thanking God that He sent us Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

So, I had my birthday, and I had fun!  NYC was awesome, and I got Harry's autograph (swoon)!  My beautiful girlfriends all wished me to have a fabulous year.  My kids and my parents made a great dinner for me and showered me with gifts.  My husband got me a pink Northface jacket (and it is super cool).  I know that I am truly blessed, and I feel truly loved, and I only hope I get to be a blessing to others as they have been for me.  I have to admit that I know some of the most amazing people on the planet!

Harry with his security detail, there...

dinner with my fabulous Stafford ladies- Eileen took the picture... aren't they beautiful?

Me and Eileen at dinner in NYC

Harry signing my playbill!



1 comment:

  1. You are a blessing to me! Love you, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...