Sunday, December 19, 2010

Rest in Him


I struggle with the hustle and bustle of this season like most people. I'm worried about money, I'm worried about gifts, I'm consumed with vacuuming the little chunks of dirt encrusted, leaf particle thingies that invade the front hall and garage doorway EVERY time someone walks in or out of our house (they are just so unsightly, and make me feel like I haven't cleaned, which is ironic because I'm cleaning even more just trying to get rid of those little buggers). So, I am especially drawn to church this time of year to be reminded of Christ's birth, and the message of hope.

Hope not only for the whole world, but for ME.

He came for me, He loves me, He has faith in me, He has hope for me.

This year, this season is especially challenging for me to be able to rest in Him; to be content in Him. I'm trying, for sure, and I'm praying hard. I don't struggle with my faith, don't misunderstand me... I'm just struggling with not having clear answers about some things, and struggling with being patient. It's that patience, that contentment, that resting that I'm especially trying so hard to achieve.

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven..."

It's my daily prayer, right now. In everything, to have patience, and to rest, to be content with the plans that God is ordering, and to love are the most important aspects of enjoying the Christmas season, and of living the Christmas season.

The other stuff is surely important, but try (with me) to not let it interfere with your relationship with God. Enjoy your self, your church, your families, and your Christ. He came for you. Don't be afraid to rest.




Our good friends took this Christmas picture for us! I wanted to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...