Saturday, September 11, 2010

remember, listen, pray

Well, it is just a beautiful day.  The weather is fantastic, and it's Saturday.  It isn't really humid at all, and I've ordered the children outside.  I wish we could have this type of day all the time.  You know, a little cooler in the morning so you feel motivated enough to exercise (because you aren't going to melt into the sidewalk fried-egg style OR freeze your tushie off and slip on some ice), warm enough in the late morning to mid-afternoon so you don't feel guilty about ordering the children outside in 110 degree heat or 32 degree winter, and then cool enough in the evening to roast marshmallows (love, love, love those marshmallows), and maybe make smores (and not have to shower again because you've completely melted into the patio or deck or whatever the grill is sitting upon).  Anyway, I love this 70-80 degree/type weather.  It's perfect.  Thank you, Lord, for blessing us with a blue, clear sky.  Thanks for removing the humidity. Thanks for a nice breeze.  You know... Thanks for it all!

So... then why is it that I could feel sad on a day like today?  One obvious answer is the 9-11 anniversary, and too many people just don't remember it.  We have a picture on our wall that reminds us every day that freedom is precious, that life is precious, that this country is precious.  I pray for peace for the families who were affected by the events of 9-11.  I really hope for less hatred, less fear, and more understanding.  I know that remembering is important. 


Lady Liberty at the Marine Corps Museum

Other reasons for sadness... well... just pray for good decisions, and peace.  I really feel a bit confused about some things going on in my life.  I'm trying to listen to what the Lord wants from me, and to tune out what I think is very, very wrong.  So, lets just all pray for each other, together, this week.  Pray for family strength, for peaceful solutions, for LOVE.

Happy Patriot Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...