Tuesday, April 6, 2010

At the Present time...

The kids want to go to the pool, they want to go to the nature house, they want to hike, they want to hit golf balls, and look for golf balls that have been lost. I love it that they want to be outside, and on the go. I am loving that we are on our own, with no obligations for the week. I can't begin to describe the sense of freedom I have.

I know it seems crazy, to me, anyway. I used to love to have my days filled with activities and things to do. I did not want to be home all day. I liked going shopping and to play groups. Now, I really seem happier (to me, anyway) when we don't have anything planned, and we don't have a ton of events or practices we have to be at. Granted, we are not home- home. But we are together, away at a home-away-from-home. It is very nice. The great weather is nice, too!


I am still enjoying my Love Dare bible study. We don't meet with the group this week, so it gives us time to catch up on the dares. It is hard to do a dare every day when Mark and I can't be together every day. 24 hour shifts are not conducive to trying to do dares every day! So, hopefully, we can even get ahead with the week "off" so-to-speak. I really like this message. I like the idea of leading your heart to Christ, to each other, to your (my) marriage. It is definitely not easy... but it is worth it. The Love Dare is a commitment, just like a marriage. Love is a daily choice.

My prayers have been scattered this week. My friend's mom is really sick. The cancer is aggressive. I can feel the pain of this impending loss. I'm really missing my Seattle sister. My brother's birthday is today! My mom was ill when they went home on Sunday. My neighbor friends are trying to sell a house in SC. We are struggling with allergies. The list can go on and on. I'm thankful for my Faith. I'm reminded that Jesus loves me and everyone I love, and He died for us. Amazing! I'm thankful for the sun, the breeze on the mountains, my family, my husband. I'm thankful for this time, a gift. My present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Yoga

 Take a deep breath in, purse your lips and slowly let it out… Yoga, by far, has been one of the most beneficial activities that I’ve added ...